What needs changing on bikes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mazz

You're all kitted-up and ready to go on a nice ride, but WAIT!
Your tyre pressure's low & need a top-up to get it just right.
But WAIT! It's just TYPICAL, isn't it?... the valve is lurking behind the seat-stay or chain-stay! We've all been there, right?

The answer? It's here! The QuadValve® 4-valve inner tube® (only compatible with QuadValve® rims, of course).

Insist on QuadValve® - It's the future.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
But WAIT! It's just TYPICAL, isn't it?... the valve is lurking behind the seat-stay or chain-stay! We've all been there, right?

The answer? It's here! The QuadValve® 4-valve inner tube® (only compatible with QuadValve® rims, of course).

They're balanced too. So you get smoother power delivery compared to cheap unbalanced univalve systems.

Last edited:
And if the tube had 4 distinct chambers a p******* would be only a quarter p******* :laugh:

so if you only rode on the 3 good bits then you would be OK!!

TO be serious (ish) maybe the solution is to have 4 complete but thin tubes inside at once - or 4 stuck together - with 4 different valves at different places and a valve which will balance the pressure as long as they are similar
maybe it could be controlled by an app - everything else is - maybe connected to Alexa

or you could have 20 different tube at the same time - then if you have a puncture then the amount of rubber would mean you could ride on anyway

ExBrit

Über Member

These are all well and fine but I prefer my invention. The valve is located at the end of the axle. With its integrated slip ring you can actually pump your tire up as you ride. I'll let the boffins figure out the details.

tyred

Legendary Member
I can definitely see the appeal of recumbent trike and would like to own one, but I definitely do think the traditional diamond frame has remained more popular because it's more practical and usable in day-to-day life. It's also cheaper to build.

My old Raleigh Pioneer lives at the bottom of the stairs in my apartment block where it's always ready for use. I couldn't store a recumbent there as there just isn't room. Not everyone has a garage.

With the wheels removed, any standard bike can be easily fitted into the back of my small Toyota. I'd imagine it would not be so easy to transport a recumbent.

Again, when touring, a standard bike can travel in the hold of a bus and I've taken bikes into my hotel room on plenty of occasions.

Shared use paths often contain width restrictions and other inconveniences which would be much easier to negotiate on a DF.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Rotate the bars and drop the pedals off a DF and it's a very slim package indeed.

Who on earth does that every time they put a bike away?

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
These are all well and fine but I prefer my invention. The valve is located at the end of the axle. With its integrated slip ring you can actually pump your tire up as you ride. I'll let the boffins figure out the details.

I can imagine the team mechanic hanging out of the car adjusting a star rider's tyre pressure.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
so if you only rode on the 3 good bits then you would be OK!!

TO be serious (ish) maybe the solution is to have 4 complete but thin tubes inside at once - or 4 stuck together - with 4 different valves at different places and a valve which will balance the pressure as long as they are similar
maybe it could be controlled by an app - everything else is - maybe connected to Alexa

or you could have 20 different tube at the same time - then if you have a puncture then the amount of rubber would mean you could ride on anyway

If you made the Quadvalve tubes very stretchy longitudinally then the two tubes adjacent to a punctured quadrant would extend to fill the void.

OP
OP
Hover Fly

Hover Fly

Lazy so and so

Something with the same effect was used in the 1930s. A miniature pump attached to something like an old-fashioned cyclometer star-wheel sent a tiny pulse of air down a pipe to the inner tube valve, when the pressure built up enough the valve opened and let the air in.

Top Bottom