£29 Nook E reader

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

compo

Veteran
I am quite interested in, and quite tempted by the £29 Nook mentioned in another thread.
I know nothing about these things so what will I need to know before deciding wether it is worh it or not. I expect compatibility can be an issue. Do different readers have their own format? if so are the different formats widely available.

I thought technology was supposed to make our lives easier!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It's worth it. Sold out at the minute, but the glow light version is £69.

We have the older Kindle 3G Keyboard. I would recommend if you do get one, get a case to protect the screens. The e-ink screens are fragile (ours broke for some unknown reason). They aren't as tough as gorilla glass on pads, but are much easier to read from. We've had no problems with the 'repaired' Kindle since we bought a cover for it.

Formats etc, very widely available. I think the Nook is more popular worldwide. The Kindle is bigger UK/US. You can always 'obtain' ebooks via the net in one way or another.

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
Download Caliber. This will convert e-book files between most major formats, and there are plug-ins to remove the DRM on any e-books you've bought so they can be used on other devices you might own which can't handle the DRM. I've successfully used it to transfer Kindle format e-books onto my Sony e-reader, which uses the same epub format as the Nook.

Top Bottom