“On Yer Bike Ayrshire” - charity cafe & cycle workshop

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bruce1530

Guru
I dropped into “On Yer Bike” today, after seeing it mentioned in the local paper.

It’s a cycle cafe and workshop in Kilwinning, North Ayrshire. Quite well hidden, but it’s only about a hundred yards or so from where the NCN7 and NCN73 meet. 30 miles from Glasgow via NCN7.

They are a charity which collects bikes from various sources - scrapyards, donations and “budget buys” - does them up, and sells them back into the community at bargain prices. They’ve started a club, doing various evening runs, and a Sunday Afternoon run. They’ve got a workshop and mechanic, a room with bikes for sale, a room with turbo trainers, and a stock of bikes (including kids sizes) that they will lend to get people “on the road”.

And they’ve got a good cafe.

Quite impressed.

http://www.onyerbike.club and https://www.facebook.com/onyerbike.ayrshire

OP
OP
bruce1530

bruce1530

Guru

OP
OP
bruce1530

bruce1530

Guru
Just saw this event advertised elsewhere:

It's regarding a Big Bike Revival Event which is being held at 'On Yer Bike' at the Dirrans Centre in Kilwinning this weekend.

"On Yer Bike , Kilwinning (Auld Dirrans Centre, Dirrans Terrace, Kilwinning KA13 7PH) will be hosting an event Saturday 29th October and Sunday 30th October. They will be doings events such as, skills and balance sessions, mountain bike led ride through Eglinton Park, road bike led ride along cycle path and past Todhill farm road, childrens races on playing field, adult race on playing field, standing balance competition, wheelie competition, freestyle stunt competition, smoothie maker bike ( cycle and make your own smoothie, Dr. Bike free bike health check, cycle hire, cycle sales, spin bikes, turbo training, food and refreshments, and hopefully KA leisure activator free health checks, Police Scotland bike safety stall, Sustrans stall with cycle route info, St. Andrews ambulance demo, and other things still to be confirmed. Times are from 10 am to 4 pm."

steve50

Disenchanted Member
Wow, I wish I was up that neck of the woods on the day, it takes me back to my childhood, I spent many happy hours playing in Eglington park though I imagine it will have changed a lot since I was last there. Should be a great day out for anyone who can make it.

Top Bottom