1 1/8" Integrated headset?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lpretro1

Integrated means that the seat for the bearings is part of the frame not separate cups which are pressed in. You will need to find the correct bearings to fit if they do not come with your frame and fork. Some are 45 x 45 deg angle, others are 36 x 45 deg angle. You need to get right one - frame manufacturer should specify which.

Just to summarise what you need to do:

1) If you have no headset at all then you need a complete new one as there are bits on the top in addition to the bearings.

2) In ordering a new headset the variables mainly concern the bearings and these are:

a) The angle of the bearings . There is a slope on the internal ledge inside the headtube and the angle of that slope must match the angle of the bearing.

most are 45x45 or as Ipretro says 36x45. check any documentation you may have.

b)The internal diameter is easy - 1/18th.

c) The external diameter varies - measure the internal chamfered section of your headtube for an approx guide (it is not vital to be really accurate although it helps).

d) The most important bit is the depth of the bearing - this will depend on the seating location of the crown race and the depth of the ledge inside the bottom of the headtube. If you get too shallow a bearing the bottom of the headtube can bottom out on the forks.

Personally I'd take the forks into an LBS aand get them to set it up!.

hi im looking at a frame and it says headset type..1 1/8" Integrated does this mean it is integrated with the frame and is there already or do i need to buy one....this is the frame http://www.aliexpress.com/item-img/...ke-bicycle-frame-56cm-and-fork/550867113.html thanks.

Ask the seller for the headset spec - they should know it. It will almost certainly be one of the standard sizes supplied by FSA and others. If they don't know it, then I would seriously consider not buying from them.

Top Bottom