10 mile time trial

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scott s10

hi ima new comer to the cycling but am getting better
i started biking the other month and tried a 10 mile time trial near woodnewton near peterborough and got round it in 30.10 minites which is apparently very good on a course like when im only 14 years old
is there any other clubs locally around the peterborough area at the moment cheers

peanut

welcome Scott . Thats a very good time . Better than I have managed to do so far.
You've got a brilliant target to aim for next time. Sub 30 minutes :sad:

What training are you doing ?

OP
OP
S

scott s10

hi im doing 40-50 miles hills and straights and every so often get up to 30mph and keep it for about 10seconds then slow down and then cruise at about 23mph the every 2-3min go back up to 30mph (only on the straights]

Young Un

Welcome, I too am 14:biggrin: and the first TT I ever did was a 28-05, and I have now got that down to 24-53 in quite a short space of time, so just keep putting the effort in. If you can, get in a club that has a lot of adult racers and testers in it to give you a lot of advise and freebies:evil:.

If you want any more specific kid to kid information on cycling, just give me a shout;)

Steve

OP
OP
S

scott s10

whats your course like aswell
ours is mostly uphill no downhill its definetely quite hard because we have the old england champion racer doing it in 26 minuites so it is quite hard
whats yours like

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
scott s10 said:
whats your course like aswell
ours is mostly uphill no downhill its definetely quite hard because we have the old england champion racer doing it in 26 minuites so it is quite hard
whats yours like

Is that because he is old?
Whats the record on your course?
Dont go by results on here, if i were you, id go by the results on the day.
See the other peoples times, what bikes they are on and how long they have been doing it, and base your results on that.
Someone on here could say they have done a 22min 10TT, but have done that on a flat course when other people on that day were doing 20's.
On my fixed TT bike on my clubs course, which isnt very fast, i did 10 in 23:36, which is pretty good. Not too far behind the guys who spend thousands on their bikes, and take it all very seriously.
When i was on my fixed road bike, i used to be the fastest person on a road bike without tri bars(beat some people on TT bikes) and only a few did beat me that had tri bars.

OP
OP
S

scott s10

yeh i see what your talking about mate theres a club about 30 miles which i can do about 24mins on but my locals all uphill most of the way and i can get 30mins on it so i want to train on the hard one to get even faster at the easier one.
cheers

Crankarm

Guru
Scott you are 14 and can do pretty much a sub 30 mins 10 mile TT. Well done!!! If you're doing TT around Peterborough then other clubs are the St. Ives Cycling Club which use the old A1 further down toward Sawtry, Holme and Alconbury. There are a few roundabouts to negotiate but it is quite a flat course with some slight ups and downs and traffic is light. The St Ives Club are a friendly bunch. A few riders come from up north - Yaxley area and villages in between Peterborough and St. Ives :eek:. TT is held on wednesday evening I believe. It's all on their website.

http://www.stives-cc.co.uk/_sicc/

There is also the Fenland Clarion Club but don't know where they hold their TTing:

http://www.fenlandclarion.co.uk/

Thats insane! I would never have had that sort of power at that age. Im 19 now and can only just get round in sub 30... so much for being 'in my prime' then... *sigh*

Crankarm

Guru
SimonRoberts0204 said:
Thats insane! I would never have had that sort of power at that age. Im 19 now and can only just get round in sub 30... so much for being 'in my prime' then... *sigh*

They can't feel pain at that age. Too long ago to remember myself.

Top Bottom