10 things we have learned from week 1, TDF 2013...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Everyone misses that Tour De Francis prat (preferred over WII U)
Hubby was just talking about him the other day. That Francis chap is the reason that every time we go under a deep road bridge or through any sort of short tunnel Hubs yells out "Allez allez allez" :rolleyes:

yello

3. Thibaut Pinot descends like a girl* (*copyright BW - Giro '13)

Harsh. No job for you in a caring profession ;)

I believe the guy's having problems related to an off he suffered earlier in his career.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/pinot-asks-what-am-i-doing-on-the-tour

Pinot's problems stem from his tentativeness on descents. "Some people are afraid of spiders or snakes. I'm afraid of speed. It's a phobia," he confessed.

Pinot added: "This is a very sad situation for me, I'm the person who is most disappointed about it… I don't know if I will be able to get over this trauma. During yesterday's stage my only objective was to survive. I don't know if I will recover, but that's life and that's cycling."

Pinot's difficulties go back to a crash he suffered when he was younger, which has resulted in him being extremely tentative on descents. Earlier this year, his FDJ teammate Laurent Mangel said on French TV: "He doesn't know how to take corners and that makes him go slower and take more risks."

It sounds to me like he even considers giving up because of it.

and continuing into week 3.....

30. Ten Dam's beard is not actually grey :headshake:

Top Bottom