11 speed freehub body for Giant P-SLR1 wheel?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SydZ

Über Member
Mrs SydZ Cube TT bike has a set of Giant P-SLR1 wheels on at present and she’d like to keep them, and move them to another bike, as the SLR part is her initials 😂

They date from ~2013 and are currently 10 speed. Anyone know if there is an 11 speed freehub body available for these? I’ve looked on the Giant website but they search by bike model, not much good as they are on a Cube, and only go back to 2014.

Last edited:

13 rider

Guru
If behind the cassette there is a 1mm spacer it is probably already a 11 speed Hub . You won't know this without taking off the cassette .

OP
OP
S

SydZ

Über Member
I tried an 11 speed cassette on it earlier today without success. I’ve measured and it’s definitely a 10 speed hub body on the wheel at the moment.

OP
OP
S

SydZ

Über Member
I’ve found an Australian site selling an 11 speed freehub body for the P-SL1 and give the impression that it will also fit the P-SLR1. If so it can be bought in the UK for ~£30.

I’ve emailed Giant asking if they can confirm as that would be an easy and inexpensive solution. I don’t fancy replacing the hub as she’ll want the front done to unless I can find a match for it.

Top Bottom