139 KG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soufiane

Hello,

I want to have buy in a bike but unfortunately in the country. where i live most of the bikes are sold out

I am 140 Kg and i could find only a Rockrider 27.5" MOUNTAIN BIKE ST 540 which has a max load of 120 KG

knowing that i'll not use it in mountains or off road, i'll use it just in road track, do you think it will be ok to buy it ?

thanks

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
Hello,

I want to have buy in a bike but unfortunately in the country. where i live most of the bikes are sold out

I am 140 Kg and i could find only a Rockrider 27.5" MOUNTAIN BIKE ST 540 which has a max load of 120 KG

knowing that i'll not use it in mountains or off road, i'll use it just in road track, do you think it will be ok to buy it ?

thanks
If you use it often enough you will soon get below the design weight, which is only a guide anyway.

With a suspension fork it may not be the best choice if you only intend to ride on road, but that’s a different question.

Stonepark

Über Member
Technically, it only has a load rating of 105kg plus bike of 15kg to gove 120kg total.

Will the bike take the stress, yes as weight is only a partial determinant, as long as you don't push it by taking it over stress levels with impacts due to kerbs, potholes etc.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I'd say it would suit you well if your purpose is to get fit and loose weight. If riding mainly on the road you could replace the the tyres with a slick variety to give better rolling resistance but try the OE ones and pump them up to the max.
Good luck.

OP
OP
S

Soufiane

I'd say it would suit you well if your purpose is to get fit and loose weight. If riding mainly on the road you could replace the the tyres with a slick variety to give better rolling resistance but try the OE ones and pump them up to the max.
Good luck.
Thanks a million for the advice

OP
OP
S

Soufiane

Technically, it only has a load rating of 105kg plus bike of 15kg to gove 120kg total.

Will the bike take the stress, yes as weight is only a partial determinant, as long as you don't push it by taking it over stress levels with impacts due to kerbs, potholes etc.
thanks a lot

OP
OP
S

Soufiane

If you use it often enough you will soon get below the design weight, which is only a guide anyway.

With a suspension fork it may not be the best choice if you only intend to ride on road, but that’s a different question.
thanks a lot

Top Bottom