165 a week on

• Thread starter Deleted member 1258
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

Over the last few weeks I have brought the cog and chain I needed to overhaul the transmission on my Pearson, I also brought a new chainset with 165 cranks, I've been running 170's. Last Sunday the rain kept me in so I fitted the parts, the 46x18 I fitted dropped the gearing about an inch, 69 to 68, was running 44x17. I've had a blast commuting on it this week. The changes haven't slowed me down at all, I'm just spinning a little bit faster for my speed, running 18-22mph at max, and working a little harder. Hills feel different, I'm going up them about the same speed but I'm working differently, I thought I would be working harder but I don't seem to be, it just feels different. The biggest difference is in descending, I'm a lot more comfortable, it feels easier and its a lot better. The bike feels like a totally different animal in this configuration and is more fun to ride.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
How do you cope with Coventry's crappy road surfaces on fixed?

I ride my singlespeed bike round Cov when down on family visits and I was appalled to discover that your roads have even more potholes than the rubbishy ones we have up here!

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 1258

How do you cope with Coventry's crappy road surfaces on fixed?

I ride my singlespeed bike round Cov when down on family visits and I was appalled to discover that your roads have even more potholes than the rubbishy ones we have up here!

With me living in Holbrooks and working in Nuneaton I don't do a lot of miles round Coventry, When I am in Cov its just the same as on a geared bike, go round the worst ones and bounce over the little ones, on the roads I use regularly I know where most of the potholes are. The only one that causes problems is Beake Ave between Parkville Highway and Rotherham Rd.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
With me living in Holbrooks and working in Nuneaton I don't do a lot of miles round Coventry, When I am in Cov its just the same as on a geared bike, go round the worst ones and bounce over the little ones, on the roads I use regularly I know where most of the potholes are.  The only one that causes problems is Beake Ave between Parkville Highway and Rotherham Rd.
Ha - One of the stretches of road I was thinking about was Beake Avenue but between Rotherham Road and Radford Road!

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 1258

Ha - One of the stretches of road I was thinking about was Beake Avenue but between Rotherham Road and Radford Road!

Its at its worst at the top end from the church down past the shops to the Craftsman pub, even my son don't like it there and he's on a mountain bike.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 1258

Its at its worst at the top end from the church down past the shops to the Craftsman pub, even my son don't like it there and he's on a mountain bike.

They have finally got round to resurfacing it, the roads closed this week while they do it. I'm looking forward to being able to ride a straight line down there instead of needing the whole road width to dodge the potholes.

Top Bottom