191 lumen head torch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
Umm... I'd light a low white as well as the coloured LEDs, or instead of the blue one.

meanwhile,
225 lumen head torch
240 lumen head torch
350 lumen head torch
then you can get silly and use a Lupine Betty, or a Hope Vision 4 as a head torch rather than a bike light

AlanW

Guru
I have just bought a LED Lenser H7R headtorch, here 160 lumens.

At just under £50 its brilliant, if you pardon the pun. For something so small it gives out a hell of a lot of light!!!

De Sisti

Veteran
AlanW said:
I have just bought a LED Lenser H7R headtorch, here 160 lumens.

At just under £50 its brilliant, if you pardon the pun. For something so small it gives out a hell of a lot of light!!!

What's the battery life at full power?

andrew_s

Legendary Member
It says 75h on the link.
That means it will be unregulated, and although it may be 160 lumens with freshly charged batteries, it will get dimmer as the batteries get used up. After 75h, it will be pretty dim. 3xAAA only contain enough energy to give 160 lumens for something like an hour and a half.

AlanW

Guru
maander said:
What's the battery life at full power?

With a fully charged battery pack, I've just had it switched on full power and it gave near enough a full beam for just about two hours. After that it started to get dimmer as you would expect, but enough for other road users to see you for about a further 30 minutes.

That's using the OE battery set, 900mAh 1.2v batteries. I was wondering if by changing the batteries for 2850mAh 1.2v ones it would improve on this?

But before I blow the unit up I have mailed LED Lenser direct and asked them if its ok.

Top Bottom