1910 Tour de France route.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

asterix

Comrade Member
Noodley said:
Cheers Dayvo. I tried a magnifying glass but still no bloody use, but there's enough to be getting on with.

The pic at the very bottom is scary...

As an aside: the article says Faber had his best placing in 1910 but I believe he won it in 1909, the first rider to win 5 consecutive stages - yes, I am a nerd and yes I did check it in a book just to make sure :smile:

It certainly is! I rode that road last year (same direction) in poor vis during pouring rain. It hasn't changed much and I didn't go too near the edge!

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
It should be staged again; that'd be magic. Big trucks could be used to dump dirt and rocks all over the roads beforehand.

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

Dayvo said:
Noodley! Are you in training for your speciialist subject for 'Mastermind' or something?

Now there's an idea ;)

Nope, I am, as you probably know, a bit of a dreamer :eek: and I was just toying with the idea of maybe heading over and riding some of the stages 100 years after they were first ridden...it will take a bit of planning and training, and probably is nothing more than a pipe dream. But...you never know.

At least I now know the stages. First part of the plan: start growing my moustache :thumbsup:

hubgearfreak

Über Member
Abitrary said:
But wasn't this before pneumatic tyres?

looking at the advertising slogan at the bottom of the map, i get the impression that they were available:becool:

etape1.jpg

Top Bottom