1950's Raleigh ID help, please!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cavalol

Guru
Hi, can someone id this for me, please? It's a 1950's (that era, I think!) Raleigh. I have done some internet research this morning and I first thought it could be a Light Tourist. However, the internet pictures seem to show a different Raleigh badge on the front to this one, and sadly aside from the 2030 decal there isn't much else to go on...

bikesaug14 raleigh.jpg
bikesaug14 raleighb.jpg
bikesaug14 raleighc.jpg
bikesaug14 raleighd.jpg
bikesaug14 raleighe.jpg
bikesaug14 raleigh.jpg
bikesaug14 raleighb.jpg
bikesaug14 raleighc.jpg
bikesaug14 raleighd.jpg
bikesaug14 raleighe.jpg

I suppose the badge could be a red herring, maybe someone put a later one on it's place? Any help very gratefully received, thanks in advance.

I suppose the badge could be a red herring, maybe someone put a later one on it's place? Any help very gratefully received, thanks in advance.

doubtful as it also has a raleigh chaingaurd:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Cavalol

Cavalol

Guru
Oh yes, what I meant sorry was that could it be a badge from a later Raleigh, or were they all the same anyhow? Cheers

tyred

Legendary Member
I can't give you any details regards model name or anything like that but it's a sports/light roadster of some type. 2030 tubing is different from what basic roadsters were made from. I'd expect that to be really nice to ride.

You should find a date stamped on the rear hub although there isn't a guarantee you have the original wheel.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I suspect it could be later, probably 60s, as my 83 Worksop built 531 Raleigh has the same headbadge and they still made traditional cycles in the 60s
I wonder if 20-30 tubing was replaced by 18-23 tubing.

Top Bottom