1960s bike with Les Ephgrave frame.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I had a Falcon with a saddle like that - like sitting on a shaped brick!
Depending on what you are expecting I'll give you £1 more than @biggs682 ;)

OP
OP
W

wolosp

@uphillstruggler @biggs682 - I currently have a Trek Mountain bike, which I have been using for general, local runs, but I'm currently looking at getting a Specialized Diverge A1 as I want a bike more suited for road than my Trek but one that can also handle canal towpaths etc.
By the way, the last time that I rode the Ephgrave, I took the same short local road route that I had cycled on my Trek, and without trying, cut over ten minutes off my normal time!
I had thought of keeping the Ephgrave, but I'd like a modern bike, so am looking to finance the purchase of a new bike by selling the Ephgrave.
Re bars; I much prefer drop bars over flat bars.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@uphillstruggler @biggs682 - I currently have a Trek Mountain bike, which I have been using for general, local runs, but I'm currently looking at getting a Specialized Diverge A1 as I want a bike more suited for road than my Trek but one that can also handle canal towpaths etc.
By the way, the last time that I rode the Ephgrave, I took the same short local road route that I had cycled on my Trek, and without trying, cut over ten minutes off my normal time!
I had thought of keeping the Ephgrave, but I'd like a modern bike, so am looking to finance the purchase of a new bike by selling the Ephgrave.

that all sounds possible and understandable

Understandable. I'm not interested in another bike ( no room) but why don't you gauge interest here first.

Best of luck with the search and sale.

OP
OP
W

wolosp

The bike is now sold.
It is going to a warmer climate - Australia, where I'm sure it'll be a rare sight on the roads!
I've ordered my new bike and hope to contribute to this forum in due course.
Paul

OP
OP
W

wolosp

Australia?? You don't mess around do you? :smile:
What does it cost to post a bike to oz?
The buyer is arranging shipment, that was a condition of the sale that I made.
I had a bad experience several years ago when I sold an item to a buyer in the USA and a certain well-known courier company trashed it. I worked for nearly a year before I received compensation.

Top Bottom