1971 Raleigh Royale - Future Investment.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thanks, just hoping for a buyer as I really want that Peugeot.
Got any information about the difference between mangalloy and Carbolite frame.
@biggs682
is that the HLE frame? I'm pretty sure this was Peugeot's cheaper answer to Reynolds 531, whereas carbolite is their standard "gas pipe" tubing, so mangalloy should hopefully be a little lighter and a little "livelier"

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Do you know what year and model Peugeot it is? If you do or have some idea you can search the old catalogues to find out more. Sites such as bike boom Peugeot have a lot of info.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Couldn't find anything on James Macdougall related to Peugeot, maybe a previous owner or supplying dealer.

Don't know the difference between HLE and Carbolite but both were used on the mass produced models. Interesting to note that the French being very nationalistic would always use French made equipment on their bikes but eventually the pressure was too much and Peugeot used Reynolds tubing on their top end bikes.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Unlikely if it's an 80's bike, and the 1977 relates to his birth year. Unlikely he'd be a serious racer in the 80's

Cycleops

Legendary Member
That's what I thought but it's more likely he's a previous owner, given there is no reference to a racing cyclist of that name on the net. The OP said it was a sticker indicating it might have been applied post purchase.

OP
OP
BretonM

BretonM

Thanks for the help guys.

Edit: Could this be him?

ZxOvo9wk_200x200.jpg
James McDougall–
@JMcDougall1977

Owner of Mercurial Cycles. B.C Level 1 Coach. Engineer, keen Cyclist, mudguard self-gratification artist, car nut and wine lover.

Chelmsford, England
1,082 FOLLOWING245 FOLLOWERS
James McDougall - you are now officially being stalked by Cycle Chat. When he says "self-gratification artist" does that mean what I think it does?
Clue: check out some of the accounts he follows

Cycleops

Legendary Member
James McDougall - you are now officially being stalked by Cycle Chat. When he says "self-gratification artist" does that mean what I think it does?
Clue: check out some of the accounts he follows

I posted on the " What did you learn today" thread that when I posted this guys Twitter profile the software here changed the word "w**ker" to "self gratification artist". Is it an art? Maybe it is.

Top Bottom