1996 (I think)DeMayo Scorpione 16"/41cm SOLD

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
1996 DeMayo Scorpione. Please note this is also listed on eBay and on another forum.
Why am I selling? Well, my other bike got wrecked and I need the money to ebike the new one. The DeMayo rarely if ever gets used.
So, the groupset including the aheadset and hubs is Campagnolo Veloce 27 speed. With the exception of a 165mm Spa TD2 chainset running 24-34-46t rings. I still have the original campag chainset and bottom bracket if the new owner wants them but they're not in great condition tbh. The chain is a KMC X9. Cassette and chain are barely run in. 80 miles ish.
Rims are Mavic 36 spoke something or other and don't look worn. Tyres are Vittoria Voyager Hyper 35mm and in good condition. Inner tubes are new. Front wheel has a slight ding in the braking surface which can be felt slightly while braking but otherwise unnoticeable. Brake and gear cables are brand new Clarke's (gear)and campags (brake). Straddle cables are tektro and look old but seem ok.
Brakes are by Acor (no I've never heard of them either but they work if a bit spongy) and Aztec blocks.
Mudguards have been replaced by black flinger full length mudguards. Saddle is a green Brooks C17 (I think). Seat post is a Ritchey.
Handlebar is a Deda Classic 440mm.
The frame is in good condition but has a few nail varnish touch up bits around the bottom bracket/chainstay area where surface rust was forming.
The bike weighs around 25lbs and handles beautifully.
The bike from a little research was custom built by a small British company and was designed to be a club run/light tourer. Rack eyelets on the rear but none on the forks.
I'm after £100. Local pickup (Bolton) only as I've frig all to pack it in.

IMG_20220604_112453.jpg

Last edited:

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Nice ride ! Size ?

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Oops. Fixed.
16 inch/41cm.

You might want to give a virtual (horiziontal) top tube measure as 41cm sounds like unfeasibly small for traditional frame measure, I assume thats the length of the (truncated due to sloping top tube) seat tube. The frame looks quite small but not that small. What steel is it?

OP
OP
Vantage

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Measured from centre bottom bracket to centre top tube along the seat tube.
The DeMayo bikes were never really full production runs. This one in particular I believe was built specially for its original customer as a one off.
Tubing is Reynolds 631......which I can't believe I managed to miss out. Doh.

Top Bottom