1st 24h race :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi guys need a bit of advice, i'm taking on my first 24h race next summer and don't know wether to buy a better bike. I have a Carrera Banshee 08 mode full suspention (dont laugh). Shes a good old girl and i feel comfy on her and have given her a bit of stick over the last few years. It is quite or to be precise very heavy (20kg) and is totally original apart from the usual (pads, bottom bracket etc). Now knowing shes old, heavy and a bit crap and prob coming to the end of her life, i'm pondering about buying a new bike ready for my little challenge. Now having 2 cars , 2 kids and a mortgage i dont have a huge budget approx £500. Is it worth buying a different bike (prob second hand) and breaking it in over the winter?
and any suggestion on what bike if any.
Any response welcome cheers ian.

lukesdad

Simple answer yes, second part a bit more tricky but the best HT you can find for the money.( which would probably be S/H)

02GF74

Über Member
that is a good price - googling shows £ 800; bike is 11.9 kg so not too bad but a lot less thant what you have right now.

btw there is one at the moment on ebay for 1/2 what you are looking to pay but it will go up. 46 cm frame.

depending on the terrain, a hard tail may or may not be better then FS - fs will sap energy but will give a more comfortable ride - but i am guess you'll be better off on a hardtail for such a long event.

Top Bottom