1st proper ride today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Managed to get out pretty early this morning (6.40am), as I'm still a little traffic-wary. I was eager to give my new Ice Sprint X a proper baptism.....

Left Kidderminster, and headed up past Wolverley, through Shatterford and down to Arley. Crossed the footbridge across the River Severn, and headed up to Button Oak. Then a nice ramble through the Wyre Forest, and down into Bewdley. Past the West Midlands Safari Park, and then back into Kiddy. Just started to rain for the last few miles, but the heavens didn't truly open until I'd just got back, and put the trike under cover :smile:

The trike handled really well, although it gets a bit lively at speed :hyper: Clocked 38.4mph as my quickest of the day. Wasn't particularly out to try and go fast, but there are some serious hills around these parts. Really felt that the electric assist was justified today, as, with my current level of fitness (or lack of), there are some hills that I just don't think I'd have managed. Tried to keep the electric off as much as possible though. I was well pleased when I got back, as the battery was showing 3 (out of 5) bars still full. I had covered 21.5 hilly miles, so am reasonably confident that I could do a 60 mile stretch on one charge, which bodes well for some touring plans that I have.

The motor drivers pretty much all gave me a lot of respect, and plenty of room, so that was reassuring. Did have one driver who, despite having nothing coming the other way, and acres of room to pass decided to sit on my shoulder for a quarter of a mile. By which time, there was a queue formed behind him/her, including a double decker bus. Then I felt guilty as they all finally went past. Had I not been going uphill, I would have pulled in to give them a chance. But I figured it was the nervous driver who had caused the tail-back, so bugger 'em:laugh:

All-in-all, a very successful day. Ultra pleased with the trike. Got back, and literally nothing hurt, apart from tired legs. No walking like John Wayne, or Old Mother Hubbard. Happy days ^_^

Nigelnightmare

Über Member
May the smile never fade.:biggrin:

Top Bottom