1x crank set needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Willam

Need some help choosing the correct crank set, mine needs replacing as the crank arm spindles are shot on the none drive side.
On the bike is a 1x 42t hallowtech compatible crankset 10 speed, I’m having trouble finding any options, it’s for a commuter on flat roads so don’t really want to loose the 42t, anyone help with some options?

Jenkins

Legendary Member
If you don't mind changing the bottom bracket as well, what about a SRAM Apex 1x crankset teamed with a GXP BB

SRAM Apex 1 GXP Chainset | Chainsets | Wiggle

Jenkins

Legendary Member
came across that one, what put me off was having to change the BB, I’ve changed Hallowtech BB previously so have the tools for that…is the GXP BB easy enough to change and would I need to buy any tools for the job?
No - both use the same tool (unless you have the slightly smaller Hollowtech II) and fit in the same way.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
From what I can see it would (and that's a bloody good price), but again a new bottom bracket is needed. According to the FSA parts list you wil need a BB-EVO8681 Road MegaEVO Bottom Bracket due to the 30mm spindle.

Edited to add - there doesn't seem to be much avaiablilty for that BB in the UK.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Willam

Willam

From what I can see it would (and that's a bloody good price), but again a new bottom bracket is needed. According to the FSA parts list you wil need a BB-EVO8681 Road MegaEVO Bottom Bracket due to the 30mm spindle.

Edited to add - there doesn't seem to be much avaiablilty for that BB in the UK.

cheers for taking a look, just need pay day next week to hurry up and get here, my left crank is literally falling off!

OP
OP
Willam

Willam

Top Bottom