2 vids: Infrared test on atc3k and cycle trainer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cullin

Über Member

Cullin

Über Member
Brother in Law had a 12v Alarm system batter (small) on his trike with a solar panel to charge it (France, Sunny) You can get a 12V bottle dynamo, but not seen it any cheaper than £300.00, could charge the small battery and in turn charge all sorts, Most gizmos have a 12V psu but then work on 5V themselves.

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Pay day on thursday, I might go and get some proper IR LED lights and have a play

...mind you, quite fancy getting my pc sorted. ;)

Cullin

Über Member
IR

Make sure you get the biggest brightest IR LED's or it may not illuminate much, If you are doing circuit for it, maybe make it so you can add more LED's later.
In the forces I used IWS, Triggy and IRIS, all night sights, good fun, biggest give away was folks wearing watches with illuminess dials, could see the miles away.
Have fun, and let me know how you get on.

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Cullin said:
Make sure you get the biggest brightest IR LED's or it may not illuminate much, If you are doing circuit for it, maybe make it so you can add more LED's later.
In the forces I used IWS, Triggy and IRIS, all night sights, good fun, biggest give away was folks wearing watches with illuminess dials, could see the miles away.
Have fun, and let me know how you get on.

Yeah I'd prolly just buy a premade item than solder one up. Last time I did any soldering was about 8 years back for a guitar repair.:evil:

Top Bottom