2004 Trek 1200

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigbud

Just bought this bike as my first ever road bike, absolutely love it and the mountain bike has been left at the back of the garage ever since.

Needed the wheels trueing (SP?), brakes setting up, gears setting up, headset tightening and a good clean to get rid of the dust but I think its done less than 500 miles ! Its looks new apart from the odd scratch :wub:

Have fitted new pedals, raceblades and my comp and lights. Just want a new saddle and some better tyres now.

DSC01151.jpg

DSC01152.jpg

DSC01153.jpg

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Looks like it's in very good condition.

Good find. Enjoy.

Received my first proper road bike last week. Dare not ride it, in case my others don't a look in.

fixedfixer

Veteran
Says here that the bike has a carbon fork. I have an earlier Trek model 1000 from made in 2000. Only an alloy fork on mine but can get full SKS on it. Gap at front is restricted to a max 25c tyre otherwise they catch. Have a look between the fork crown and the tyre to see if full guards will fit.

OP
OP
Bigbud

Bigbud

Fork is carbon, have 23c's on it at the moment but want to change them.

Can't really afford to buy another set of guards now but would be nice to know if anything happens to these. :thumbsup:

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Bike looks good. I wouldnt rush to change the tyres.

My bike came with 23s and I wondered how it would be. I find that the carbon fork soaks up the road buz nicely. My roadbike has a more comfortable ride with 23c tyres than my hybrid does on 32c tyres. All down to the carbon fork I think.

Enjoy the bike. (sounds like U Allready are ) :biggrin:

OP
OP
Bigbud

Bigbud

Enjoy the bike. (sounds like U Allready are ) :biggrin:

Wish I'd got one years ago :becool: I enjoyed commuting on the mountain bike but cruising along at 25mph keeping up with traffic pedal power is such a great feeling, mountain bike is getting no love in the garage. Trip to llandegla soon thou.

First night clipped in last night with my new Spesh Tahoe boots and I didn't fall off :laugh: Bit of a eureka ride :biggrin:

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Wish I'd got one years ago :becool: I enjoyed commuting on the mountain bike but cruising along at 25mph keeping up with traffic pedal power is such a great feeling, mountain bike is getting no love in the garage. Trip to llandegla soon thou.

First night clipped in last night with my new Spesh Tahoe boots and I didn't fall off :laugh: Bit of a eureka ride :biggrin:

I had several "moments"when I first switched to clipless.hopefully you are a bit more coordinated than me.

I even gave up and went back to flatpedals for a while.Definitely worth the effort of getting used to them, I dont feel right at all riding on flat pedals now.

Top Bottom