2008 Kona Dr Dew

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rshall

Got this bike through the cycle to work scheme, so didn't pay the full (£700) price for it.

Initial impressions with no changes/modifications;

Good Points: fast, good handling, well built, looks classy (green, gold and black)

Bad Points: Saddle too soft, handlebars are completely straight and oversized (31.2mm) so uncomfortable after 10 miles, can be harsh on poor roads, brakes feel wooden

The frame has fittings for mudgaurds and a rack, two waterbottle cages, conventional aheadset, welded gusset on the downtube, replaceable gear hanger and a forward facing seat post slot. There is a brace on the non-drive side chain/seat stays which does prevent using any trailers that clamp to the chain stay.

Wheels are Shimano/KK hubs, Rigida X-plorer rims with Continental CountryRide 700x37c tyres, which seem pretty tough, but pressures affect the ride/comfort, I find 55-60psi a good balance of comfort and speed.

The handle bars are wide so plenty of space for fitting lights, bags, etc ( I have got a Topeak bar bag fitted) Pedals are Shimano M505 with flat pedal adaptors which I real like.

Have fitted bar ends and Ergon style grips which has improved things, changed the saddle to an old Selle Italia Turbomatic 2. Fitted SKS mudgaurds to it, but this was a bit of a pain due to the disc brakes and had to bend the stays to make them fit:wacko:.

Overall, a good bike that can handle East Anglia's finest cart tracks back roads.

Top Bottom