2010 Tricross sport (Tiagra triple)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
PaulSecteur

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
OK mate,

If you are local you can try before you buy.

OR if you work local-ish I could bring it down for you to try in your lunch hour, but I would have to take the guards off to get it to fit in my fiesta.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
[QUOTE 1539313"]
I'm sure there's stuff in your bike shed that you can ebay. That's what I usually do.
[/quote]

Or Ebay a dozen pair of fashion shoes that your missus never wears.. whistling.gif biggrin.gif

Daveb99

Right, I've had the green light to go for it but £425 is realistically my max. Could come and view, and even collect later today (early evening) at a pinch, if this is any use to you?

Norm

EDIT: Besides, Norm has ordered me NOT to let it go for less than £450!
It was an exclamation rather than an order, but it remains true, that bike should be going for £ 650, not haggling at £450. :biggrin:

BTW, I am speaking with Mrs Norm on the subject. Small #1 is riding the same size bikes as me now, and that would make an excellent commuter for him.

Daveb99

Oh what the heck - subject to checking funds (and checking the bike!) I'll go for it at £450. I'll just have to go without some of my luxuries for a few weeks (like beer - oh wait, that's a survival need, not a luxury!)

Paul, I'll send you a message to work out where we go from here.

Daveb99

Just to keep the thread up to date - arranged to meet Paul today to try and buy the bike but he couldn't make it for some reason and I haven't heard from him. Just waiting for him to get back online so we can rearrange. Hope all is OK at your end Paul.

OP
OP
PaulSecteur

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
Just to keep the thread up to date - arranged to meet Paul today to try and buy the bike but he couldn't make it for some reason and I haven't heard from him. Just waiting for him to get back online so we can rearrange. Hope all is OK at your end Paul.

Hi Dave, Sorry for the lack of communicaton. I have had a bit of a nightmare week and had to stay at my aunts without an internet connection. I will PM you once I have had chance to get myself sorted so we can arrange a time for a viewing r a meet up.

Paul.

Daveb99

Paul, thanks for coming back to me, to be honest I thought you had withdrawn it from sale or (worse) something had happened to you, so at least you're OK. In the meantime I've hopefully sorted out another bike. I'll let you know if it falls through though, as I could then still potentially be interested in your Tricross.

Understand the internet connection difficulty, though when you do provisionally agree a sale with someone and exchange private messages I'd strongly recommend that you give them your mobile number, I asked for it three times and if I could have called you (or you could have called me as you had mine) then the 6 days of silence and wasted trip to Tamworth for me would have been avoided!

Anyway, all the best with the sale, and no worries.

Paul, i've only just seen this thread, and that looks an absolute bargain well worth the money and more.Shame i can't afford it or I'd have shot up the road and snatched your hand off. Best of luck.

Top Bottom