2012 veloce powershift issues ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Anyone heard of any ? Just beginning to maybe notice when I shift from 4 to 5 on the back, I press the thumb lever...and nothing happens until I give the lever a little flick and then it shifts. Seems like maybe the thumb lever goes down as I press it but doesnt return till I flick it...maybe. Maybe it's me not shifting it properly. Going to watch it...anyone heard anything?

They have a very basic plastic thumb shift if it's anything like the QS Veloce models.

At a guess -

At certain points when the thumb lever is depressed it contacts with an angled stud on the ratchet. This pushes the ratchet ring around.

On the next shift there is no stud - the button merely lifts to ratchet up allowing the drum to revolve under the pull from the rear mech. The following shift contacts an angled stud etc etc till you get to the end.

Your little problem probably occurs when the thumb shift doesn't contact the drum to turn - either the spring in the mech is stiff or more probably the cabling has too much friction in it.

I have just had a look at the tech specs and the ratchet device is a bit different from what I described but I would first look at getting the cabling smooth and free flowing as an initial move.

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
I have just had a look at the tech specs and the ratchet device is a bit different from what I described but I would first look at getting the cabling smooth and free flowing as an initial move.
My first reaction was no, they're nearly new, only done less than 1k miles, but who's to say the cablings routed perfectly from new. I may disconnect everything, lube, make sure it's all smooth and try again.
Good thinking.

Top Bottom