2019 Eddy Merckx SanRemo 76 Sizing Help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jrode

I'm in the market for a new bike and I'm really fond of the looks of the 2019 Merckx SanRemo 76, but I'm a bit perplexed by the sizing. I'm not the most in tune with sizing specs and geometry, so some guidance here would be appreciated.

For a brief background, I'm 6'3" with a 35.25" inseam.

I currently have a 60 size 2015 Cannondale SuperSix Evo 105 with specs of:

Top Tube: 590
Stack: 596
Reach: 402

I fit pretty comfortably on this bike.

In the size I'm thinking I'd need a L or XL for the Merckx SanRemo 76 which have geometry specs of:

L
Top Tube: 554
Stack: 389
Reach: 555

XL
Top Tube: 573
Stack: 397
Reach: 574

Why are stack and reach almost flipped on the Merckx? Is this common? Are the specs incorrect? If not, can someone help me out with sizing and let me know how these differences may impact ride, comfort, etc. on the bike?

Thank you in advance!

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Hello and welcome to the forum.
First off I have to say I'm not too well up on modern bike sizing but it seems to me that something about the 'EM dimensions doesn't ring true. Compared to your Cannondale there's too much variation for a similar style frame. All I can advise is go and try them.
I like a larger frame so if I were you I'd go for an XL but we're all different.. It's too much of critical decision to trust to a printed table, I'd always advise throwing a leg over if that's possible.
On another tack it's amazing the Mercx name still holds sway today.
Good luck.
I'm in the market for a new bike and I'm really fond of the looks of the 2019 Merckx SanRemo 76, but I'm a bit perplexed by the sizing. I'm not the most in tune with sizing specs and geometry, so some guidance here would be appreciated.

For a brief background, I'm 6'3" with a 35.25" inseam.

I currently have a 60 size 2015 Cannondale SuperSix Evo 105 with specs of:

Top Tube: 590
Stack: 596
Reach: 402

I fit pretty comfortably on this bike.

In the size I'm thinking I'd need a L or XL for the Merckx SanRemo 76 which have geometry specs of:

L
Top Tube: 554
Stack: 389
Reach: 555

XL
Top Tube: 573
Stack: 397
Reach: 574

Why are stack and reach almost flipped on the Merckx? Is this common? Are the specs incorrect? If not, can someone help me out with sizing and let me know how these differences may impact ride, comfort, etc. on the bike?

Thank you in advance!

Top Bottom