24" Kids Road Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Bloody kids keep growing like weeds. :smile:

We're after a decent a 24" road bike (Moda Minor or equivalent) for Kes jnr's xmas present.
Anyone got anything?

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I've a Decathlon B'Twin Triban Junior that my son used - it was only used for a couple of months only before he reverted to his spare one.

One issue with it is that there's no front forks, although I'm in progress of sorting a set.

The other is that it currently has lightly-used cyclo-cross tyres on rather than road tyres, although there's one red original tyre spare.

BTwin-Triban-3-Junior-e1368718774309-322x191.jpg

OP
OP
Kestevan

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
I've a Decathlon B'Twin Triban Junior that my son used - it was only used for a couple of months only before he reverted to his spare one.

One issue with it is that there's no front forks, although I'm in progress of sorting a set.

The other is that it currently has lightly-used cyclo-cross tyres on rather than road tyres, although there's one red original tyre spare.

BTwin-Triban-3-Junior-e1368718774309-322x191.jpg

Sounds ideal - assuming it acquires some forks :smile: The tyres are no problem.
We were looking for a btwin but decathlon don't appear to have that model any more.

Couple of questions:
Why did your lad go back to the other bike? Any issues with the Btwin?
How much do you want for it - complete with forks ?

Cheers
Paul J.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Hi Paul,

I'll know in the next week-10 days whether the forks I have will fit.

In terms of why he changed, he damaged the rear derailleur on it in the early September so we swapped the forks to his previous bike. I've changed the rear derailleur since then. No issues otherwise and it's probably been ridden for under 50 miles.

Price-wise the last one sold for £130 off eBay, although we had a viewer for the bike from Holmfirth! I'd be looking for something a bit less as it has replacement forks.

Top Bottom