24 mile commute

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi Folks,
24miles round trip to work 3 days a week and now on my second month.
very impressive, still doing it? my commute is 22 miles & I only do it maybe a dozen times a year in the summer

pbkclements

very impressive, still doing it? my commute is 22 miles & I only do it maybe a dozen times a year in the mummer
Reckon that for me, commuting 22 miles a day for me back end lastyear was 100% the highlight of my day last year, me & my old brompton.

Office work; it was a bit tiring mentally but physically cycling kept me fresh - main problems were - the light - car drivers (yep I'm sometimes one). Ok 3 days a week & only 1 mile of that on the A27 but tell you what I loved it.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
HaHa yes you are right!
but I've tried 3 different routes and also use the app to track my time and average speed. I'm down to 49mins which is good for me considering the first ride took me 1 hour 15mins.

Use an app to track it, don’t use for navigation. It’s been studied and sat navs really do diminish people’s navigation ability. Once you’ve ridden without your eyes glued to a screen for clues. You’ll quickly learn your route and any variations.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Try and work out where abouts the pain in the knees is. You may just be pushing too hard too soon or it may be bike setup. I did a 26 mile round trip 5 day a week year round commute for 17 years. Loved it, and fittest period I ever had on a bike. Now it’s rides from the house in a loop till more normal times arrive.

Bonus

Veteran
Some people can't memorise routes easily. I know people who can get lost riding to the coast that's about 12 miles away and the sea is pretty easy to find IMO, but people are different.

There are people here who are not sure "which way north is", despite France being 45 km's away . . . to the north. (and some rather large mountains for all to see!)

• Laugh
Reactions: mjr
Top Bottom