24mm vs 22mm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cyclist33

He doesn't ever actually say you're an idiot, but words it to make you feel that way. Every gain is supposedly "proven" to be negligible, yet many experience a difference. It's a repeating pattern for lots of posts on here.

Afraid I have to completely disagree with you on that. He says the quoted information is nonsense or words to that effect. It's clear the information was quoted because the poster said so in their post. So at what point did it become personal?

Is it that people feel like they've been made to feel an idiot because they, er, haven't thought about the claims they are passing forward?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with admitting to having misconceived something or having believed in something which was later demonstrated to be incorrect or untrue. A lot of people round here seem to think it makes you bigger and stronger as a person if you refuse to listen to other points of view. Whereas of course, the opposite is true.

bpsmith

Veteran
Afraid I have to completely disagree with you on that. He says the quoted information is nonsense or words to that effect. It's clear the information was quoted because the poster said so in their post. So at what point did it become personal?

Is it that people feel like they've been made to feel an idiot because they, er, haven't thought about the claims they are passing forward?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with admitting to having misconceived something or having believed in something which was later demonstrated to be incorrect or untrue. A lot of people round here seem to think it makes you bigger and stronger as a person if you refuse to listen to other points of view. Whereas of course, the opposite is true.
That's fair enough, but works Both ways. ;)

Similarly, I don't stop pedalling over rougher tarmac.

Perhaps I used the wrong terminology, but I am slower over rougher tarmac than smooth tarmac and am also slower on rougher tarmac with the same tyres pumped to a higher pressure.

The point being, without trying to argue the wrong use of terminology, wider tyres allow the use of lower pressures which absorbs the shock more and loses less speed.

You can argue how minimal it is, but I can clearly feel it and see it on my Garmin at the time.

OK, you can see it on your Garmin. Give me an indication of the magnitude of this difference.

Top Bottom