26" Tubus Cargo rack, £25 at Evans

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crankarm

Guru
I wouldn't touch Tubus racks with a barge pole as their QC is rubbish ever since they stopped making them in Germany and outsourced them to some far flung place in the East. I bought an Ergo front low loader from Wiggle. Had three of them. The finish was awful, the final one cutting me on the finger as I inspected it. There was a very sharp piece of welding swarf on one of the tubes that had been powder coated over difficult to see, but still lethal. My finger got a rather nasty cut. Wiggle were sh*ts to deal with. They eventually refunded me the cost of the rack but I've never used it as it is also bent ie not true/square. I haven't bought ANYTHING from them since.

lpretro1

Agree with comments on Tubus - nasty sharp edges. A friend of mine had one and it ate through the straps on his rack bag!

Bodhbh

Guru
I wouldn't touch Tubus racks with a barge pole as their QC is rubbish ever since they stopped making them in Germany and outsourced them to some far flung place in the East...

When did they stop making them in Germany? I have to say mines been pretty bombproof. Not that I've had another rack to compare it with, but that's almost the point - I've not needed to - the Logo I got 5-6 years ago has outlasted the frame and 3 back wheels.

Top Bottom