27" Wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave5N

Über Member
stevew said:

I don't think he wants to race track on 1 3/8 " tyres some how - assuming he can get them on in the first place.

OP
OP
Young Un

Young Un

Dave is taking the mick out of how you have written the fraction - 11/8 is an improper fraction equating to 1 3/8. You should have written it 1 1/8. But thanks for the link, and just ignore Dave:biggrin:

Steve

Dave5N

Über Member
Young Un said:
Dave is taking the mick out of how you have written the fraction - 11/8 is an improper fraction equating to 1 3/8. You should have written it 1 1/8. But thanks for the link, and just ignore Dave:biggrin:

Steve

I wasn't taking the piss - I just read it wrong.

Still for the track you will need a high-pressure racing tyre. That was my point.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Young Un said:
My bda sorry. What I really need is a Planet-X pro carbon, Dave can you think of a good arguement to get my parents to buy me one?

Just tell them that you need them for track racing YC, they will understand, just dont tell them the price properly:laugh:

Dave5N

Über Member
Young Un said:
My bda sorry. What I really need is a Planet-X pro carbon, Dave can you think of a good arguement to get my parents to buy me one?
Tell them if they don't, you won't leave home when you're eighteen, which will cost them a lot more.

Young Un said:
They want me to try track first though, then the persuasion will begin:evil:

Which is not unreasonable. Have you ridden the track before?

OP
OP
Young Un

Young Un

Oh yeah its not unreasonable and I can fully understand why they aren't gonna shell out 1300 to cus there is the possibilty i'll find that I don't like it. And no I haven't ridden track before - but I may be joining halesowen to get track training (I am awaiting an email back from genreal enquiries)

Top Bottom