280lb man on Kickr Core?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi all,

I'm considering buying a Wahoo Kickr Core as I've found a place that will do it with a free cassette. Only, when I checked the weight limits with Wahoo, it's capped at 250lb. I weigh currently 280lb. As I'm a returning newb, I'm not exactly going to be smashing it for hours on end. Do you think my extra chunk is really going to make much of a difference? Should I find a way to support the bike more? Or should I forget about indoor training until I'm lighter?

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Hi all,

I'm considering buying a Wahoo Kickr Core as I've found a place that will do it with a free cassette. Only, when I checked the weight limits with Wahoo, it's capped at 250lb. I weigh currently 280lb. As I'm a returning newb, I'm not exactly going to be smashing it for hours on end. Do you think my extra chunk is really going to make much of a difference? Should I find a way to support the bike more? Or should I forget about indoor training until I'm lighter?
Probably won't make a difference IMO, but warranty is clearly going to be voided should there be an issue resulting from running it out of tested limits. However, how they would determine your weight being over the tested parameters would be a mystery and would only likely be question if you suffer from repeated failures or where there is clear structural failure likely from excessive weight.

OP
OP
20to11

20to11

Regular
How they would determine your weight being over the tested parameters would be a mystery...

That's what I was thinking. Unless the skewer was obviously bent or something, I'm not sure how extra weight would manifest. And I if I supported the chainstays of the bike, that would effectively remove weight pressure. But I figured I'd ask here before splurging the cash in case I'm missing something obvious.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
I started on a bkool classic @136kg / 299lb. I chose it because it was not supporting the bike and me on an A frame setup, with the weight limitations they have. The weight went straight to the roller through the wheel/bike. The bike was only supported so it remained vertical. I then moved to a kickr 17, then 18 (big mistake) for better accuracy on power and higher grade simulation.

What you could do to prevent the spreading of the legs due to an overload is stick it on a sheet of plywood and use u-bolts to hold the legs in position.

Top Bottom