3T Strada

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fairlight PSB

Anyone got one ? Always enjoyed 1by . I see Merlin have some deals on them
50-11/32 gearing .
have an itch to nearly buy one . I have amother road bike for the mountains so could feasibly have this..
I’ve raced a lot on a 50t 11/28 and rarely have I gone down to the small ring ..

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
My 15yo was offered one last year as a team bike. It looked good but the team contract came with tough conditions, otherwise he'd be riding one.

They have a variable reputation. Some of the Aqua Blue riders and mechanics struggled with the low 50x11 gearing rather than 52/53x11. Others liked it from feedback.

For the price it's good value imo.

OP
OP
Fairlight PSB

Fairlight PSB

Thanks - I think they are a marmite bike. I’ll prob go for one at the price . I’ve converted a bike to 1/11 in past and also my gravel bike is . Not overly worried about jumps with 11/32

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Not sure I`d be keen on that gearing however I quite liked the look of the gravel bike that Merlin had last year, was very smart but very spendy even with discount. They still show it a 3T Exploro however the one last year for the same price was SRAM Force i`m certain and for similar money if not less. However its gravel bike with clearance for fat tyres.

Last edited:

nickAKA

Über Member
I've been in & nearly bought one a couple of times. Got as far as riding all my local routes in the big ring just to see how I'd get on... locally I'd be fine but I know I'd struggle on some of the bigger local hills so it'd become a bit of a 'sunny Sunday bike', perfect for the Manchester-Blackpool... I don't mind being a bit limited so much, but the thought of being out somewhere unfamiliar and hitting something 10%+ fills me with dread...
Honestly, if it was on 0% finance I would have bought it but for £2.5K I'b be better off going for something more 'practical'

OP
OP
Fairlight PSB

Fairlight PSB

I've been in & nearly bought one a couple of times. Got as far as riding all my local routes in the big ring just to see how I'd get on... locally I'd be fine but I know I'd struggle on some of the bigger local hills so it'd become a bit of a 'sunny Sunday bike', perfect for the Manchester-Blackpool... I don't mind being a bit limited so much, but the thought of being out somewhere unfamiliar and hitting something 10%+ fills me with dread...
Honestly, if it was on 0% finance I would have bought it but for £2.5K I'b be better off going for something more 'practical'

Interesting - What size where you thinking ? I’m 5-8 and looking at medium ..
also what cassette do you remember was on it 11-32 seems advertised but noticed the review beside it said 11-36

nickAKA

Über Member
I'm 5'10" and would have gone medium, you'd be fine on the same but if you wanted a race machine you'd get away with small.
Given a choice I'd probably go for 11-36, which would gave me similar 'granny ring' option to a compact chainset with an 11-28 cassette. I could always swap it for an 11-32 or 34 if I didnt use it, but initially I'd rather have the option :okay:

Top Bottom