500 km / 24 h

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Blimey - vodka in a Camelbak - that's a new one on me! (And something to avoid :eek:)

420 km in a day - well done! The most I've ever done is 240 km in 12 hours 45 minutes.

I didn't realise that Lithuania is such a small country now, or that it once used to be much larger.

frank9755

Cyclist
Agreed! Your longest ride is your longest ride and 500km is just an arbitrary number. Sounds like you did your best and rode a long way, despite your drunken fellow rider trying to spoil things!

Tynan

Veteran
good show

them east europeans do like a drink

nice bit of modesty there frank

Tynan (150 miles best ever)

zigzag

Veteran
don't be upset Ausra, still a great result! shame about the drunk plonker, he should be blacklisted and never invited in similar rides again! when was this ride happening? having support car with mechanic is luxury, was that some special project? 500km/24h seems like a very achievable target (done myself), shame for the riders who took it as a joke and messed up your challenge. i speak lithuanian, btw :hello:

edit: just noticed in the subject it was july 2009..

ColinJ

ColinJ - I said the route went almost around all Lithuania :smile:
Ah, but I looked up Lithuania on Wikipedia and it says that the country covers 65,300 km[sup]2[/sup], only 26.8% of the UK's 243,609 km[sup]2 [/sup]or 50% of England's 130,395 km[sup]2[/sup] and I wouldn't say that England was a large country!

It's interesting to see that Lithuania's population density is only 50.3/km[sup]2 [/sup]compared with England's 395/km[sup]2[/sup]. No wonder it feels so crowded here!

frank9755

Cyclist
Ah, but I looked up Lithuania on Wikipedia and it says that the country covers 65,300 km[sup]2[/sup], only 26.8% of the UK's 243,609 km[sup]2 [/sup]or 50% of England's 130,395 km[sup]2[/sup] and I wouldn't say that England was a large country!

It feels quite big when you try to ride across it on a bike!

ColinJ

It feels quite big when you try to ride across it on a bike!
Well okay, Darn Sarth the country is a lot wider, but I have a coast-to-coast route planned up here for when I'm fitter - Scarborough-to-Blackpool - and it is only just over 150 miles. That is not taking the shortest route because I wanted to avoid the busy A-roads out of Scarborough and also to check out Dalby Forest.

In fact, the country is less than 80 miles wide up by Hadrian's Wall!

Top Bottom