54cm Mike Mullett 531SL frame and much more beside

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marxist_fixie

Proper tea is theft [with apologies to Prodhom]
I am having a major clear out....all the pics will be found in the link below

http://www.flickr.com/photos/33024988@N03/?saved=1

FRAME

Though sad to see this project not come to completion...however the forthcoming purchase of a Condor Pista frame requires it to be done.

Key details....the frame dates from the 1980s and was built by Mike Mullett who was Gerald O'Donovan's second in charge at Raleigh's Ilkeston SBDU....he is a well respected frame builder...should say was as he has retired from frame building and returned to teaching in 1984!

I bought this frame from Hilary Stone earlier in the year and had it resprayed in canary yellow...i got the Decals...Mike Mullett and 531SL from Nick Tithcott and after they were attached to the frame...the frame was then lacquered.....this was done in July and the frame has not been touched since...kept in a nice warm room....so is pristine and the paint has fully cured.....The dropouts are [a] vertical and chromed and in good condition....the dropouts are made by Suntour

The frame take brakes with alan key bolts and the rear spacing is 126mm and also comes with two gear lever bosses.

Seat tube: C2C=53cm & C2T=54CM

Top tube: C2C=53CM

Brake drop: 39-49mm

Head tube: Top to bottom=12cm

No dents or dings...no rust...all threads are clean

Also included is a Tange headset and if wanted a Shimano RX-100 band on front mech and an Ultegra rear mech with new glass fibre [BBB] pulley wheels

531SL is rare and this frame is in excellent condition....all i want to do is get my money back....so i'm asking for £185 posted or £175 collected both OVNO

PARTS

1. Shimano SIS freewheel 14-24 never used....£11 posted [cost £10 at Ripley CJ]

2. Shimano Cone and Cup BB 112mm [poor pic] but all stuff is sealed in the bag...so NOS [bought from Hilary] includes a DA plastic concertina sleeve......£13 posted [or swap for something similar in 107mm]

3. Shimano 6 speed SIS/Friction down tube shifters L & R works perfectly £10 posted [no pic...SL-5434 but we all what down tube shifters look like]

4. Fizik Microtape including bar plugs....shiny red unused and still in box...£7.50 posted...bought from Rochey recently!

5. 3T silver-ish 100mm stem for 1 1/8'' steerer and has a 31.8mm [OS] clamp-used once...£9 posted

6. Wipperman 708 chain for 5,6 and 7 speed bikes...unused and in box still...£7.50 posted

These are posted on Retrobike

Top Bottom