5th April 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Tynan

Well stated in your quote. The emphasis has to be all road users to use the road in a competent and responsible manner.

If you take a risk performing a risky manoeuvre and you are hurt, it is your fault...

The number of times I have stopped at lights and other cyclists have dodged the traffic as they jump a red light!

Adrian

no need for speculation?

but one for endless RIPs?

anyway if a bike runs up the inside of a truck s it slows to turn left, it's not really the trucks fault is it, of course they should check their inside but they'll have a lot more to check than that, I find peds hard work, I imagine them and bikes are a serious pain for truck drivers

That Waltham Forest fella's remit seems to be rather extensive, I used to ride right down down Camden Road from end to end on a commute and don't remember it as being any unusual as regards danger, it's long and straight, cyclists that can;t deal safely with a lane that is both straight and left shouldn't ride I'm afraid

I don't like them and have a few fast ones on my ride home, you've simply got to take a more primary line and/or signal the fact that you're not turning

Yes cyclists are vulnerable and need consideration but at the same time cyclists have a responsibility to ride competently if they're going to ride in urban traffic, I see riders every single day that survive their journeys entirely due to the care and consideration of other road users

none of the above to the person killed in this inceident before anyone gets upset

Origamist

Legendary Member

Top Bottom