6 day event from Dorking to Edinburgh

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

barrymk

Hello all! I hope you don't mind me joining up to post this event, but I'm hoping some of the members of CycleChat will find it of interest :smile:

The Amber Foundation is a homeless charity helping young people aged 18-30 transform their lives and fulfil their potential.

We exist to help homeless unemployed young people whose lives are going nowhere to gain the motivation, confidence and skills they need to gain employment and appropriate accommodation; homeless unemployed young people aged 18 to 30 who may also have misused drugs or alcohol, lack self-esteem or been involved in crime or are ex-offenders. In a residential setting Amber offers a fresh start; a chance to sort out problems, build self-confidence, gain practical skills and qualifications and generally acquire the know-how for independent living and work.

We have teamed up with Ride2Raise to offer you the chance to take part in their 6 day ‘Classic Challenge’, from Dorking in Surrey to Edinburgh…that’s 550 miles in just 6 days!

The difficulty level this type of event is rated as ‘Moderate to tough’ but you will rewarded with stunning scenery, great comradery, professional support and the (much needed) support of a professional masseuse to help soothe those aching muscles at the end of each days cycle.

You will depart from the iconic Box Hill in Surrey, which has just been announced as being part of the route of the 2012 Olympic Road Cycling Race. From there you will head north and take in the sights of North Yorkshire Moors, heading up through the Pennines, before making the ascent into Scotland and finishing in the beautiful and historic city of Edinburgh.

The event will take place from the 14th – 19th May (inclusive) and will include evening stops at Milton Keynes, Nottingham, York, Newcastle, Dumfries and finally Edinburgh.

For more information please visit http://communitychan...ycs-blogs/3405/

Thanks for your time and please consider supporting us :smile:

Top Bottom