60 or 62cm frame wanted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I have a 60 cm Ribble alu racing frame with a small crack (doesn't seem to have any effect on its performance) you can have if you want. You could get it welded for piece of mind for not a lot but the paint would need to be sorted out. It is going to go on free/exchange anyway when I have stripped the groupset.

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
I have a 60 cm Ribble alu racing frame with a small crack (doesn't seem to have any effect on its performance) you can have if you want. You could get it welded for piece of mind for not a lot but the paint would need to be sorted out. It is going to go on free/exchange anyway when I have stripped the groupset.
Huge thanks, would it need a weld do you think?

Hacienda71

I haven't had any issues with it and the rode The Macc Monster end of last year on it so put a fair amount of power through it with no deteriation. For the cost of a weld though it might be worth it so you don't worry about it too much Pic here

Hacienda71

Most metal fabricators will weld alu, should be quite a few around Stockport. Cost shouldn't be much £20 maybe, you might need to do a bit of a ringing around. You would have to sort the paint though for a good finish/look. I would be tempted to rattle can it if you are going to use the frame as a beater.

potsy

Rambler
I haven't had any issues with it and the rode The Macc Monster end of last year on it so put a fair amount of power through it with no deteriation. For the cost of a weld though it might be worth it so you don't worry about it too much Pic here
Your fair amount of power and Gaz's might be vastly different :whistle:

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Most metal fabricators will weld alu, should be quite a few around Stockport. Cost shouldn't be much £20 maybe, you might need to do a bit of a ringing around. You would have to sort the paint though for a good finish/look. I would be tempted to rattle can it if you are going to use the frame as a beater.
Sounds perfect, thanks very much mate

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Your fair amount of power and Gaz's might be vastly different :whistle:
Nah, I'm old n slow these days :biggrin:

Top Bottom