700x28c, commuting slicks, puncture protection

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
I ran continental sports contacts for 5 years without a puncture and then got 7 in 6 weeks.

Now using schwalbe marathon plus's and so far very impressed and I found them easier to fit than the continentals.

Tynan

Veteran
some like gators, I didn't, I gave them away after three weeks, punctures, cutting up and skated in the wet something scarey

suffice to say me and them and London commuting didn't get on

M+ are about an inch thick on the centre line, no wonder they're good with punctures

twowheelsgood

Neither. Panaracer Paselas. All black version is best if you can find 'em.

305g and pretty puncture proof until worn. Better than that they have a very supple ride, something most "puncture resistant" tyres don't. Armadillo's in particular I had were bloody awful.

Notsoblue

I've got a pair of 700x28c Armadillo Nimbus tyres and haven't had a puncture on them in the three months I've been using them on my Daily commute through central London.

Greenbank

Über Member
Conti GP 4 Seasons (available in 28mm).

Usually good for at least 5000km before they are worn enough that the fairie starts to attack frequently. I usually replace the tyre after the 2nd or 3rd visitation if it's done this distance.

I'd also second the comments about the Panaracer Pasela TG . I want to replace the ugly beige sidewalled versions I got on the geared Audax bike but they are remaining annoyingly p*nct*r* free.

Bikejournal also shows that my Panaracer Stradius Elite TG (26mm) on my SON dynohub wheel has been going for 5600km.

twowheelsgood

A-ha am I the only one with the secret of the mythical black Pasela then?

Seriously these tyres are the business for general riding.

Top Bottom