'70s Peugeot frame - slow budget build

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Burton

Regular
This is a 1970s Peugeot frame I've had since September last year that I'm slowly but surely making a budget single speed out of. It started out like this, costing me £10 and a record player (which I replaced for £8!):
9654476855_024918c779.jpg

Does anyone know what model it is, by the way? It's Reynolds 531 tubing, with the older style label (or what's left of it). I think it's a Peugeot PRN10E, but I'm not sure - I was going off an old brochure scan that wasn't an exact match.

I added a purple Selle Bassano Frontera seat, a cheap Vuelta wheel and quick-release to the front, and a custom made (ordered through eBay) rear wheel, along with an eBay bottom bracket and cranks. A rear brake was next, with the cable cable tied in place. I found some plastic pedals in the garage to finish the job, and the result was:

11091973685_64e250f345_z.jpg

This!

It stayed like this over winter, and my mate, whose usual ride at the time was a Claud Butler hybrid (sadly stolen, he lives in Chorlton) complimented me on how responsive it was!

Tonight I swapped the seat with the one off my Raleigh Max - a worn 1990s Selle Italia Turbo, and removed the other brake lever that's not being used presently.
So the current state of play is:
13090795324_6fc70ba0fc_z.jpg

This! Looking much better than with the purple saddle. Front brake and some electrical bar tape are on the cards for the future.
If this ever gets any notable changes, then I'll be sure to update!

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
looks good

Top Bottom