A belated "Hello"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

weevil

Hello. Sorry it's a bit late.

There. That's that done.

More? Okay...

I joined a month ago and have cobbled together a few posts since. As I said, sorry for the delay.

As a mechanical engineer, designing machines, mechanisms and small products (mostly medical), I have a natural interest in the technical side of bikes. I look after my bikes and can't abide things not working smoothly. If something's awry, even something minor, and I don't have time to fix it, then I'll simply stop riding until I do have the time.

Following the recent acquisition of three bikes via the much-maligned eBay, my garage is currently home to:
3 mountain bikes (one's my wife's)
1 town bike (my wife's)
1 tourer
1 road bike
1 hybrid
1 tandem
1 unicycle

Oh, and my daughter's L'il Giant trike.

I'm not going to embarass myself by declaring my annual mileage, but I will say that I bought one of the mountain bikes new in the mid 90's and have done about 500 miles on it. And it was my only bike for years!

What I will say, here, and on the record, is that I'm going to get my lazy arse out on bikes and get some serious mileage done over the next year. Well, serious for me. I've just turned 40 and want to get fitter and nip the beginnings of a belly in the bud.

I look forward to spending many happy hours here. Expect my posts to be a mixture of pleas for help, answer to technical questions, and jocular rubbish.

Cheers
weevil

Randochap

Senior hunter
:laugh: Get on it young man! You've got plenty of time to log some miles. :biggrin:

Top Bottom