A big hello

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Toptec

Hi everybody,

I’ve been lurking on here for a while now & think it’s time I introduced myself officially as they say. I’m a 57 year old grandad with a rekindled passion for biking. Recent family events (divorce) for my son, now leaves us with him living back home with us for a while. My 9 yr. old grandson will be with us for as much time as possible also. So in a nutshell, we’ve grabbed the bikes out of the shed & spend as much time out on them as we can. It really does help to forget about things for a while too. In my collection of bikes from past to present are the following:

Klein Pulse 1998 (mint Cond)

Klein Mantra comp (very good Cond)

Giant trance 2 (recent addition)

Genesis Flyer single speed

So we’re a family of three generations riding the local trails, woods & canal towpaths, I have a specific question to ask about a bike for my Grandson. At this point I’ll head over to the Mountain bike section to reveal my quest on his behalf.
Steve
(Greater Manchester Area)

:welcome:
Since taking up biking again last year I've managed to get my 20yr old son and 19 yr old daughter out with me.
My 14 yr old has autism and is not keen, as he has dyspraxia so balancing is an issue for him.

it's great being out together :smile:

davdandy

Hello and :welcome: Steve.Whereabouts in Greater Manchester are you,as you can see from my profile i live in Lowton?

Hi there. You're right...getting out on the bike helps to clear the head...or just forget about stuff for a while. Happy riding!

Saluki

World class procrastinator
HI & Welcome.
Sorry to hear of your son's divorce, always a bad time in life. I am sure than cycling will help. Cycling and tea can sort just about anything that can be sorted.
Quite envious of your towpath riding. It's the only thing that I miss about when I was living in Staffordshire. The towpaths were brilliant fun.

OP
OP
T

Toptec

Thanks for a warm & friendly welcome, much appreciated guys 'n' gals. @ davdandy we're in the Boothstown / Worsley area.
Steve

davdandy

Ah,you are only up t`road from me.

betty swollocks

large member
Hi everybody,

I’ve been lurking on here for a while now & think it’s time I introduced myself officially as they say. I’m a 57 year old grandad with a rekindled passion for biking. Recent family events (divorce) for my son, now leaves us with him living back home with us for a while. My 9 yr. old grandson will be with us for as much time as possible also. So in a nutshell, we’ve grabbed the bikes out of the shed & spend as much time out on them as we can. It really does help to forget about things for a while too. In my collection of bikes from past to present are the following:

Klein Pulse 1998 (mint Cond)

Klein Mantra comp (very good Cond)

Giant trance 2 (recent addition)

Genesis Flyer single speed

So we’re a family of three generations riding the local trails, woods & canal towpaths, I have a specific question to ask about a bike for my Grandson. At this point I’ll head over to the Mountain bike section to reveal my quest on his behalf.
Steve
(Greater Manchester Area)

Any chance of a pic of your Klein 'Pulse'?
And welcome :thumbsup:

Top Bottom