A Challenge...............

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
As the local community's expert cyclist........:laugh:...don't go there...:angry:

Sorted a neighbour out with his new road bike he purchased, adjusting bits and bobs for him...all good to go....(£1k bike..rubbish setup from a big chain)

Other neighbour caught us chatting...... 'erm when are you going to look at my bike' - I'd offered some months ago - 'Bring it too me'.......oh.....:laugh:

She's been very unwell for a few years, had a transplant, then a friend gave her a bike that was new that had 'lived' outdoors.... OMG....... Orange chain job, and both front and rear mechs were the same colour......

Anyone know where to get the el. cheapo Shimano mechs from - got a local supplier of 'BSO' bikes that does stuff, but can't get this stuff in the LBS.....it's a cheap as possible fix for her.....

PS I won't slag off the el cheap Shimano mechs as they work....and get abused by the kids, but where do you get a new one ? :wacko:

Arch

Married to Night Train

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
No....Acera and Tourney are way out of the league - i.e too good...... but I now have a price....i.e. £5 max............ cheers Arch.. I'll pop down to see what the local bike warehouse sell stuff for.... (it's no LBS)

It's a total cheap as chips rebuild as I doubt the bike will be used much, but it's to get her going...

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
TBH if the bike ended up as a rusted heap of sh1te, it'll do so again. If someone won't spend more than a fiver on it, I wouldn't even bother;)

Top Bottom