A couple of days off thanks to fellow cyclist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

drewc65

I am now off work thanks to a fellow cyclist. my job is deliv kitchens and bathrooms and Thursday of this week I was deliv to a house. In sunny Poole (Dorset) . whilst walking from the back of the truck to the customers house .A young man(for want of better word ) riding on the path and at great speed( because he did not want to get his hair wet ) knocked me flying . Hence I have a knackered left knee, right leg and small hole in the back of my head. I know it was an accident but all I am saying if your riding on the path and you come up to a bright yellow truck or one in better colour .Please watch out someone my be deliv stuff into a house nearby and unable to see you coming. Due to having a kitchen cupboard on their head .Oh I did not swear or strangle the young chap and nor did my mate (he was laughing too much) In fact no cyclists were hurt in the making of this incident

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Oh dear. Hope your injuries aren't to bad and you recover quickly.

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
I am now off work thanks to a fellow cyclist. my job is deliv kitchens and bathrooms and Thursday of this week I was deliv to a house. In sunny Poole (Dorset) . whilst walking from the back of the truck to the customers house .A young man(for want of better word ) riding on the path and at great speed( because he did not want to get his hair wet ) knocked me flying . Hence I have a knackered left knee, right leg and small hole in the back of my head. I know it was an accident but all I am saying if your riding on the path and you come up to a bright yellow truck or one in better colour .Please watch out someone my be deliv stuff into a house nearby and unable to see you coming. Due to having a kitchen cupboard on their head .Oh I did not swear or strangle the young chap and nor did my mate (he was laughing too much) In fact no cyclists were hurt in the making of this incident
Sorry to hear that:hugs:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Oh dear, I hope you recover quickly. I always take it slowly on the road when I'm passing a van with the doors open, as you never know what might suddenly appear in your path from the back of the van (as they take out long bits or just turn boxes around to move onto the path they can swing out onto the road).

OP
OP
drewc65

drewc65

Thanks to all . there not to bad will recover .the thought that goes through my mind is that instead of me .It could have been a mum carrying a baby from MPV or car or older person just walking up the pavement

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
It does amaze me sometimes, just how oblivious some people seem to be to what *could* happen. It's like that basic self (and others) preservation 'what if?' mechanism somehow got switched off. On my commute I was always seeing people speeding past stationary buses, just before pedestrian islands in the middle of the road. Did it never occur to them that one day someone will step out from behind that bus, and they'll hit them at about 20mph? Apparently not. It (and similar) happened all the time.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Sorry your feeling Woof ! :laugh:

OP
OP
drewc65

drewc65

Thanks .lost two days but hey thats life . Now on holiday for a week. Most annoying thing is cannot get on the bike

Top Bottom