A delightful commute.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I thought I'd share last nights commute with you as it presented what was possibly a once in a lifetime opportunity to me.
A little bit of background first, I own a shop which is just off one of the major roundabouts into Haverfordwest, coming into work yesterday morning I was very surprised to have the opportunity to filter past queued traffic for the last mile or so, the volume of traffic is never enough to cause a tail back at the time I travel. Anyway it turned out there had been an accident on the roundabout a crane had crashed into a tanker, split the side and half the load had spilled out on the road. See HERE
The accident was on the road adjacent to the one I travel in on, but what they did was basically close down the whole area (not good for business :sad:) things gradually got back to normal through the day expect for the road where the accident actually occurred this remained closed, when it came to home time they were resurfacing that section of road, which meant that the road leading to it was still closed too, with the only access for motorised vehicles from a minor side road.
I couldn't let the opportunity slip so I rode up HERE, it's a mile long and reasonably steep, but it's busy and fast and has numerous pinch points, the path to the side is a perfectly usable cycle path which I've always used before rejoining the hill over the brow. This time however I had the road to myself! Then it's down the other side for around a mile. Of course it would have been rude to not turn round and do it all over again, and again :smile:.
Probably saw 7 cars in total having travelled around 10.5 miles on one of the busiest roads in Pembrokeshire, and do you know what, one of them gestured for me to get on the cycle path :laugh:

Top Bottom