A fairy tale ... with a bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Katherine

Guru
Once upon a time, long, long ago, in a far distant land .......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-35299608

Except it wasn't so long ago, or so far away :bravo:
:bicycle::smooch::smile:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
"I was cycling for love, but never loved cycling"
What happened to his faithful bike? Did he ever cycle again for transport? Did he encourage his children to cycle?
Last, but not least by all means: why did she not buy him the plane ticket? :whistle:
Ms Von Schedvin, whose family comes from Swedish nobility, replied that she did own a forest

His comments about Afghanistan and its people are similar to what others have told me prior to the Russian invasion. How time has passed.

A real fairy tale.

What happened to his faithful bike? Did he ever cycle again for transport? Did he encourage his children to cycle?
Last, but not least by all means: why did she not buy him the plane ticket? :whistle:

Had similar questions on my mind and did a bit of online checking. She did India in a car when she met him. She was studying in London at that time and did the travel during a break. Despite her wealth, he wanted to do it on his own and thus the bike as it was the only affordable means of transport. I suppose it added to the romance.

I am fan of the Irish author Dervla Murphy, the first lady of Irish cycling and travel journeys. If it is not the cycle, its the donkey or on foot. Later brought her young daughter along.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
What a stupid story.

No mention of what tubing his frame was made of, how many gears he had, who built his wheels and what tyres he ran. Let alone which groupset he used.

Just a load of soppy nonsense about some woman.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
What a stupid story.

No mention of what tubing his frame was made of, how many gears he had, who built his wheels and what tyres he ran. Let alone which groupset he used.

Just a load of soppy nonsense about some woman.

Blazed would have done it faster.

Top Bottom