A friend's band

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
A mate at work has been slogging around the country with his band. They're just a small Southampton based outfit called These Septic Stars (I don't get the name either, but its a reference to something I don't understand iirc), they've managed a few times to get played on Radio 1 - and I know from my youth as a musician that far worse bands have made a LOT more money.

If anyone is interested their music can be found here:
https://soundcloud.com/thesesepticstars/sets/the-beauty-of-snakes
They also have twitter and facebook if you want to know where they're gigging or when the album is out. They've sold a few EPs and they're in an alternative rock format, bits of it sound like Rage Against the Machine to my ears.

A mate at work has been slogging around the country with his band. They're just a small Southampton based outfit called These Septic Stars (I don't get the name either, but its a reference to something I don't understand iirc), they've managed a few times to get played on Radio 1 - and I know from my youth as a musician that far worse bands have made a LOT more money.

If anyone is interested their music can be found here:
https://soundcloud.com/thesesepticstars/sets/the-beauty-of-snakes
They also have twitter and facebook if you want to know where they're gigging or when the album is out. They've sold a few EPs and they're in an alternative rock format, bits of it sound like Rage Against the Machine to my ears.
Do they play Flanagan and Allen?

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Sound great to me. Listening to it now, while catching up with a bit of stuff I need to do. I've heard a lot worse, as you have said.
Love that Snake skeleton logo, what a fantastic tee shirt that would make

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Sound great to me. Listening to it now, while catching up with a bit of stuff I need to do. I've heard a lot worse, as you have said.
Love that Snake skeleton logo, what a fantastic tee shirt that would make
Yeah they've been lucky to be friends with photographers and graphic designers.

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
If that design suddenly becomes a tee shirt, would you let me know please. Very cool logo that.
My boss is about to marry a graphic designer. She was well underimpressed when I said 'oooh, handy):giggle:
I'll ask him anyway. You never know.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Don't usually listen to that kind of thing but I thought it was pretty good. Particularly like the slap bass in Subhuman. I'm always a sucker for that.

I thought it was ok but Mrs Marmion said "that's just a f*cking din" when she came into the room

Top Bottom