A good commuting week for Palinurus

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I'm really enjoying my commute this week. Firstly I've started leaving 15 minutes early and taking the longer route in and back giving me a 30+ mile round trip, mostly singletrack lanes.

There is a section of lane towards the end of my return journey that is closed to through traffic (for anyone who knows Watford it's Rousebarn lane that runs across the back of Whippendell woods). Although it makes for a handy route I always avoided it on account of the potholes. Yesterday, on the way home, I decided to explore a lane I'd never taken which turned out to be a track made of hard earth, rocks and occasional deep sections of gravel. I won't be going that way again, not on 23 mm tyres anyway. Why I got caught out I don't know, it's even called Stoney Lane.

Because of this I figured I'd go via. Rousebarn lane, the potholes probably wouldn't seem so bad after that.

..And I found the really bad bit has been resurfaced! I rode for several hundred yards with both arms raised going "YEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!". There wasn't anyone about, but I wouldn't've cared if there was.

Flyingfox

palinurus said:
..And I found the really bad bit has been resurfaced! I rode for several hundred yards with both arms raised going "YEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!".

..trying to imagine what that would be like - and no, that feeling is never going happen on my route :biggrin::sad: - I've got more chance of being kissed by George Clooney :tongue:

Top Bottom