A good day out

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John-Ellis

Today I did my first big ride.

I rode from my house to Gringley on the hill near Gainsborough, there and back was 51.53 miles and it took me almost 5 hours.

Happy to say that my legs aren't too tired and on my way back I found myself extending the route by a couple of miles.

Although now I am showered and chilled out im tired and ready for a sleep lol

Only one part of the route I didnt like, when I looked at the map (google maps) there was an unamed road which diverted me off the main a road, it turned out to be a byeway and un ridable I had to get off the bike and walk it, but other than that the ride was fantastic and the weather matched.

I might even make this my Sunday ride.

Doing this route today my total milage for this week is 109.07 miles.

Hope everyone has a nice day tomorrow.

John

Peteaud

Veteran
Nice one.

OP
OP
John-Ellis

John-Ellis

Must have been. I sat on a bench on High Street at Grigley and rested my legs for 10 minutes, I spoke to a chap who said it was his first ride for a few months, weather has been great I got sun burn on my arms and face.

I have got a quick question, are recovery rides a good idea, should I do a short ride tomorrow or just chill out for the day?

I was gonna just chill but if it helps recover my legs from such a long journey today.

John

simmi

Über Member
It's a personal thing John, the day after a tough ride I always do something different either a walk or short run or a steady 5 miles on my crosstrainer and sometimes nothing at all;)

Phoenix Lincs

Über Member
Well done John. Fab ride :smile:

DaveyM

Über Member
good effort John.
I like to go for a good long walk to let the legs loosen up a bit, seems to work for me.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Always walk the dogs a good mile or so . That way they're more docile for the Mrs.GA, and I don't have to here about the various impercations of the "hunds" when I get back home. I also do a program of stretches for cyclists when I'm done riding. I didn't used to have to do that, but once you pass the half-century mark you really have to take care of these things

Top Bottom