A kidult dream too far?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Looking for cultural stuff in the fine city of Manchester, I was more than alarmed to see this touted by the council's coming attractions:

I mean as a kid I admit to fantasising about a tap at the side of the bed that dispensed endless supplies of fizzy orange.

But this?

12. BrewDog to open England’s first beer hotel in Manchester
Scottish beer brewing giants BrewDog have announced that they will open their first hotel in England in June, following the success of the DogHouse brand in Scotland and the USA. The 18-bedroom hotel, bar and restaurant will be centrally located just off Manchester’s Market Street.

Not shy of innovation, plans suggest that the hotel will feature Punk IPA on tap in every room, beer fridges in the showers, a rooftop terrace with fire pit, and will allow guests to bring their pets. At reception, guests will receive a welcome beer on arrival from one of the 28 unique beers on tap.

@@

and I don't even like the stuff.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Looking for cultural stuff in the fine city of Manchester, I was more than alarmed to see this touted by the council's coming attractions:

I mean as a kid I admit to fantasising about a tap at the side of the bed that dispensed endless supplies of fizzy orange.

But this?

12. BrewDog to open England’s first beer hotel in Manchester
Scottish beer brewing giants BrewDog have announced that they will open their first hotel in England in June, following the success of the DogHouse brand in Scotland and the USA. The 18-bedroom hotel, bar and restaurant will be centrally located just off Manchester’s Market Street.

Not shy of innovation, plans suggest that the hotel will feature Punk IPA on tap in every room, beer fridges in the showers, a rooftop terrace with fire pit, and will allow guests to bring their pets. At reception, guests will receive a welcome beer on arrival from one of the 28 unique beers on tap.

@@

and I don't even like the stuff.
Heaven!

Just need the restaurant to be a curry house….

OP
OP
Blue Hills
The beer on a room tap I must say caught my attention, but I was then diverted by the bizarre prospect of beer storage in the shower. Some form of liquid sport I am innocently unaware of?
Still think the stuff is over-rated - would rather sample the varied delights of spoons - and will be the next two days, with some exercise and culture.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I mean, it's a novel idea, but really? Kind of thing I might have had a laugh about with mates when I was 20 or so, but .... ridiculous, in my curmudgeonly opinion :rolleyes:

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
I have no time for BrewDog. Dreadful employment practices were exposed a few months ago (in terms of a culture of bullying and harassment that went to the top and the Founders) and derivative and plagiarising marketing.

Sad, because I quite like Punk IPA.

I mean, it's a novel idea, but really? Kind of thing I might have had a laugh about with mates when I was 20 or so, but .... ridiculous, in my curmudgeonly opinion :rolleyes:

Ever felt like you're past it?
013-09-brownbottle.jpg

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Sounds like an expensive gimmick.
How do you run pipes to every room but still ensure the beer remains fresh and chilled.
You need a decent turnover of beer to keep it fresh. Pipes need regular cleaning and no one wants a beer that’s been sitting in a warm pipe for 24 hours.
And then, what sort of saddo sits drinking in their hotel bedroom.

OP
OP
Blue Hills
Sounds like an expensive gimmick.
How do you run pipes to every room but still ensure the beer remains fresh and chilled.
You need a decent turnover of beer to keep it fresh. Pipes need regular cleaning and no one wants a beer that’s been sitting in a warm pipe for 24 hours.
I can't help but feel that the copywriter may have got a bit carried away and that the council PR just parrotted it.
And the "on tap" will end up being some tins and bottles in your room.
Or something like one of those party7s of old with a tap punched in a big tin.

Top Bottom