A Possible Favour Wanted Leeds

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
I'm looking at a Spesh Crosstrail Expert for sale on Bike Radar which will be in Leeds after 28/05/11.

I don't want to buy without inspection so I was wondering if anyone would be prepared to have a look at it, if it's ok I'll transfer the dosh. Then I'd need that person to take the bike away and organise shipping down to me in Hampshire. I would of course reimburse them for the trouble, you can do a bike for £10.50...so say £50 in total to include shipping?

It's far from definite as I'm waiting on a response from the seller....just putting tentative feelers out :biggrin:

colly

Re member eR
I'll give it a quick scan for you Mac.

PM me details etc and we can sort something out.

OP
OP
MacB

MacB

Thanks Colly, the guy should be back in Leeds at his parents from 28/05/11 onwards, the address area is LS4 2JA. I can organise a courier to collect just need the bike checked over and a bike box and packing organised. I'll PM you detail when I know a bit more, the bike is at his parents place now, so maybe an inspection in advance of the 28th may be feasible.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Thanks Colly, the guy should be back in Leeds at his parents from 28/05/11 onwards, the address area is LS4 2JA. I can organise a courier to collect just need the bike checked over and a bike box and packing organised. I'll PM you detail when I know a bit more, the bike is at his parents place now, so maybe an inspection in advance of the 28th may be feasible.

Is this another bike for your museum Al?:whistle:

MarkF

Guru
My unit is about 15 mins from that location and I send out gear via Tuffnels couriers every day. Be glad to help if needed.

OP
OP
MacB

MacB

Thanks Mark, I'll keep you posted...he seems like a nice guy and he has a friend that works in a bike shop so he's now hopeful of being able to pack and ship himself. I understand his initial hesitation as it can be pretty daunting shipping you first bike.

He's also going to take some more pics for me but I'd certainly appreciate you or Colly giving the bike the once over....Al

MarkF

Guru
Thanks Mark, I'll keep you posted...he seems like a nice guy and he has a friend that works in a bike shop so he's now hopeful of being able to pack and ship himself. I understand his initial hesitation as it can be pretty daunting shipping you first bike.

He's also going to take some more pics for me but I'd certainly appreciate you or Colly giving the bike the once over....Al

Colly seems a keen lad, if he can't do it for whatever reason then pm me and I'll glady take a look at the bike for you.

OP
OP
MacB

MacB

Just an update, I have the bike, the guy agreed to ship included in price and provided me with a ton of photos plus info about himself that I could verify. It arrived today and, asides from needing a clean, kids today eh :biggrin: , I'm very happy. Though I will be putting on new mechanical disc brakes and selling the hydraulics coz I'm a philistine.

Top Bottom