A question for forum ride organisers ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RUTHIEBAV

I'm going to have to get organised before the list of requirements gets any longer...... Dorset....no hills.......beaches.....

The route's going to be a challenge to put together!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Only if Rich will bring his Mankini :blush:

Sponsored by Walkers Crisps...

pepecat

Ridden with about 8 total in the Birmingham/Black Country area, of which one has been female.

I guess the impression that a lot of people get is that the rides are quite competitive, which can put women off. And I guess it is a lot more intimidating for a lone woman to join a ride, than another man.

But I'm just guessing!

As I am the 'which one has been female' of Jim's post, I feel I can comment here! I was worried that i would be too slow for the gents - I was a bit, but they were great and waited if i got too far behind. And yes, it was a wee bit intimidating as a lone female going and meeting three chaps who i only 'knew' via here. But again, they were all lovely! Maybe that's just me, cos i'm not the most outgoing person anyway, and a more gregarious woman wouldn't mind so much. I think once you take the plunge and meet people for the first time it becomes easier to go again. That, and doing a bit more training so i'm not quite so slow next time! :tongue:

Christopher

Über Member
my bike club organises women-only rides to try and get around the problem. Hopefully it'll lead to more people on the regular club runs. I realise this doesn't help the OP though

Top Bottom